This access statement does not
contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs,
but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all
Access Statement for Pebble Cottage Pakefield
Pebble Cottage is a flint fronted Grade 2 Listed, 200
year old Fisherman's cottage situated 150 yards from the sea in Pakefield. Pakefield is a village
adjacent to Lowestoft in Suffolk.
Pebble Cottage was completely re-furbished to a high standard at the end of
2010. It has 2 upstairs bedrooms, 1 double and 1 twin. The cottage is in a
terrace facing the historic thatched Pakefield church
and from the back garden has uninterrupted sea views.
We are sorry but because of building constraints Pebble Cottage is not suitable
for wheelchair users.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any
queries or require any assistance please phone 01502 516635 or email
- For full details and maps of
how to reach us please see the 'Location' section of our website.
railway station is a 40 minute walk or 10 minute taxi or bus ride away. If
you intend to travel by rail we can arrange to collect you from the
- The closest bus stop is on the
main road in Pakefield approx. 400 yards from
Key Collection, Welcome and Car
- Contact will be made the week
before your holiday starts to arrange key collection details
- Parking is available in a
private gated car park at the end of the row of cottages.
- Access to the back of the
cottage is through a gate off the car park.
Entrance to Property
- The front door is 30 inches
- There are 2 low steps from the
road up into the cottage.
- The floor covering in the hall
is oak flooring.
- Once inside the ground floor is
all on one level.
Halls, Stairs, Landings,
- The hall, stairs and landing
are all well lit by ceiling lights.
- The hall way is 30 inches wide.
- The staircase has 12 steps with
a 90 degree turn after 3 stairs. It is carpeted with a handrail on one
- A fixed stairgate is available
at the top of the stairs if required.
- The lounge is situated on the
ground floor with entry from the hallway or kitchen/dining area.
- The room has one leather 'love
seat' for 2 people and 2 arm chairs.
- The furniture can be moved.
- There is a flat screen HD
digital television with remote control, subtitles, and a DVD player.
- A landline telephone and WI-FI
broadband is available.
- The fireplace houses a wood
- The floor covering in the
lounge is oak flooring and a rug.
- The dining area has a table and
4 chairs and is part of the kitchen.
- The kitchen is situated on the
ground floor and is accessed through 2 open walkways from the lounge.
- There is a small
- Washing machine/tumble dryer.
- 1.5 sink and drainer.
- Halogen hob and fan assisted
oven with extractor fan and hood.
- There is a range of cutlery,
crockery and kitchen and cooking utensils available.
- Patio doors open into the south
facing rear garden and there are 2 low steps up to the garden.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Double bedroom - 4' 6"
pocket sprung mattress double bed, small fitted wardrobe, chest of
drawers, bedside cabinets, lamps, flat screen TV and hair dryer, painted
floor and rug.
- Twin bedroom - 2 x 2' 3"
single beds, small wardrobe, small chest of drawers, lamp, painted floor
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and
- The bathroom is located on the
ground floor off the hallway.
- Small sink, toilet and full
size bath and extractor.
- Electric power shower over
- 2 heated towel rails,
- Garden one - accessed from
kitchen via patio doors or from rear pathway. Bistro set on small gravelled area overlooking small lawn. Path to back
gate leading to second back garden.
- Garden two- 150' grassed garden
leading to a wooden summer house over looking
the beach and sea. Summer house has mains electricity and contains
seating, table and radio/CD player.
- Garden shed, brick store,
garden seating and washing line.
Park Road, Lowestoft Suffolk NR33 0LG
Hours Of Operation:
Available year round